Welcome to our first story! Claudia Goldfarb walks us through her journey from being a single mom working as a retail cashier to becoming the CEO and Co-Founder of Sow Good.
- Why would a family start a snack company during the height of the pandemic? 6:02
- Pivoting from the pet food industry to the good-for-you snack space. 16:50
- Cutting through the noise of a highly saturated and competitive space with innovative products, adapting to customers’ needs, and staying true to your mission (Sow Good’s: to revolutionize the snack industry). 24:44
- It’s almost unheard of for a start-up to go public in its first few months. Claudia walks us through how Sow Good accomplished this, her initial fears and misconceptions, and gratitude for gaining a Board filled with experienced and powerhouse mentors. 28:40
- We end with Claudia’s beginning: immigrating to America from Mexico with her parents and how being a single mother gave her the hunger to build a better life for her daughters, Lexie and Ava, and shaped her as a businesswoman. 40:08
- Lastly, we toast to the moral of Claudia’s story: be a mentor to others whenever you can. You never know just how much it could change someone’s life. 57:25
Do you or some you know have a good story to share on the show? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!