Mon Cherry Brownies
You have to try these delicious cherry brownies! Natural cherry flavor added with our freeze dried cherries - just in powdered form! You'll be blown away by the flavor with your first bite. These brownies are perfect for any occasion, and are sure to be a huge hit with your friends and family during your Friendsgiving or Thanksgiving get togethers. So stop waiting, order some of our delicious freeze-dried cherries and get to baking!
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
1 cup oat flour
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature + 1 more tablespoon for greasing baking dish
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons finely ground coffee
2 tablespoons half-and-half
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips
3 tablespoons of powdered Mon Cherry freeze dried cherries ( add about 2 or 3 handfuls of freeze dried cherries to food processor and blend for about 20-30 seconds)
Extra Freeze-dried cherries for topping
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8x8 inch baking dish with some butter.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the two types of flours, cocoa, baking powder, powdered freeze dried cherries, and salt. Set to the side.
- In a large bowl, beat butter sugar and coffee with a hand mixer until crumbly. It should take about 30 seconds or so. Once that’s done, start to add the eggs in, one at a time. Beat on medium until a thick mixture forms. Add in the half-and-half, vanilla, and chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Combine with the flour mixture and beat on low until a thicker batter starts to form.
- Pour into the baking dish and top with cherries. Make sure to push into the batter a little
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until the edges are slightly firm and the center is soft.
- Let cool for about 30 minutes and then enjoy!