Pork Chops with Apple & Cherry Stuffing
This Thanksgiving, ditch the turkey and go for something a little different with pork chops and stuffing. This delicious combo will have your guests coming back for seconds and thirds! Plus, it's a lot easier to make than a traditional turkey dinner, so you can spend more time enjoying the holiday with your loved ones.
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 40 minutes
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:2 cups What’s Apple’n freeze dried apples, diced
1 cup Mon Cherry freeze dried cherries, diced
1 cup chicken broth
2-3 cups herb-seasoned cubed stuffing
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup finely diced onion
3 tablespoons melted butter
4 thin pork loin chops
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread a thin coat of butter all over a casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, mix the apples, cherries, cubed stuffing, celery, onion, and melted butter and then transfer to the casserole dish.
- Prepare non-stick skillet on medium-high heat with oil. Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Once oil is hot, add pork chops and cook until it is browned on one side (about 3-4 minutes).
- Place the pork chops on top of the stuffing mixture with the browned side up. Press into the stuffing and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes and then remove the aluminum foil. Continue to bake until the pork chops are fully cooked - about an additional 10 to 15 minutes. They should be at least 145 degrees in the center.