Sweet Potato Biscuits
Who doesn't love a good biscuit? But sometimes, you just want to mix things up a bit. That's where these delicious sweet potato biscuits come in! All you have to do is add some I Think Therefore I Yam freeze dried mashed sweet potatoes to your biscuit dough - it's a simple twist that will take your biscuits to the next level. Perfect for fall or more specifically, Thanksgiving. So why not give it a try? You might just be surprised at how delicious they are!
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:4 tablespoons butter or margarine
½ cup packed brown sugar
1 can biscuit dough
2 bags of I Think Therefore I Yam freeze dried sweet potato chips
1/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons softened margarine or butter
3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread a thin coat of butter all over the bread pan.
- Put bags of sweet potato chips in food processor and blend until it becomes a powder. Add boiling water little by little until you reach the mashed sweet potato consistency
- Mix biscuit dough with mashed sweet potatoes. It’s easiest to mash with your hands. Add milk in a little at a time until sweet potatoes are folded in completely.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of butter over the dough and then sprinkle the brown sugar over the butter.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes or until golden brown.