Try These Freeze Dried Smoothie Recipes for Diabetics
Living with diabetes means prioritizing a healthy lifestyle. Watching your diet, exercising, managing stress, reducing alcohol consumption, and kicking smoking habits are a few of the simple ways you can maintain a happy, wholesome life.
But how do you manage a sweet tooth when you have diabetes? Are there ways to curb cravings without loading up on the added sugars, flavorings, and preservatives?
Thankful, the answer is yes! Whether you’re noticed a recent blood sugar spike or you’ve been living with Type 2 diabetes for years and you’re looking for food options, there are smoothies for diabetes to consider.
Here are some tips and tricks for eating fruits when you have diabetes, plus a few recipes for our delicious diabetic friendly smoothies:
Tips for Eating Diabetes Friendly Foods
Finding good sources of sweetness is a simple way to help people with diabetes conquer their cravings without going overboard. Here are some tips and tricks for following a diabetes-friendly diet without cutting out the sweet stuff for good:
- Watch portion sizes. Tracking your sugar is one of the most important aspects of managing diabetes. Be mindful of portions always, even if you’re eating fresh fruit.
- Always read the label. Whether you’re reaching for freeze dried fruits or other diabetic-friendly snacks, make sure you read the label. Not only does it help you shape your portion sizes, it also helps you stay away from added sugars, flavorings, preservatives, and other common additives associated with unhealthy snacks.
- Enjoy taste and nutrition with smoothies. Curbing a sweet tooth doesn’t have to involve artificial flavorings and sweeteners in the form of candy and baked goods. Green smoothies made with leafy greens, greek yogurt, berries and other wholesome ingredients can help you satisfy sweet cravings, too!
Our Favorite Healthy Smoothies for Diabetics
If you want to understand the nutritional value of a scratch-made smoothie, you have to make sure you calculate the nutrients based on the ingredients and serving sizes of each. But making delicious, healthy and diabetic-friendly berry smoothies shouldn’t have to be so complicated.
Sow Good Freeze Dried Smoothies make great options for someone looking for a sweet, yet healthy on-the-go snack. Here are a few options to incorporate into a diabetic-friendly lifestyle:
- Freeze Dried Mint Banana Coconut Smoothie, made with banana, apple, hemp hearts, pineapple, cocoa powder, spirulina extract, dried coconut milk powder, honey powder, peppermint, vanilla bean and lime powder.
- Cutecumber, made with banana, mango, cucumber, blueberry, honey powder, raspberry, and lime powder.
- Any Greens Necessary, made with apple, banana, spinach, lemon powder, ginger powder, kale, spirulina extract, turmeric, jalapeno powder.
Beyond the nutritional value of Sow Good smoothies, the simplicity and convenience of making them sets them apart from the average smoothie.
All you have to do is open your pre-packaged freeze dried smoothie and pour the contents into a blender. Add your favorite liquid, such as water or a type of milk, then blend until you reach the desired consistency. On a hot summer day, we recommend blending with ice for a cool treat.
Shop Sow Good for Smoothies for Diabetics
At Sow Good, we can help you create hassle-free smoothies that curb cravings. Made with freeze dried fruits and vegetables, each Sow Good smoothie provides a healthful serving of nutrition that can be beneficial for any lifestyle. And with a thorough nutrition label listed on each smoothie package, you can have peace of mind when it comes to tracking your carbohydrates and sugar intake.
Want to find out what’s Sow Good about our freeze dried smoothies? Grab any of our ready-to-blend smoothies today.